Highlights from the first IGRA Finals rodeo.
Video removed to avoid copyright infringement
A "B-roll" is a series of shots used to cover parts of a short film or news story consisting of cutaways, usually to cover bad shots or to fill over narration. We have cut out the blank sections, the original was 12 minutes.
Most of the video is from the first IGRA Finals rodeo in Hayward, California, There is one shot of Ron Neff doing patterns at the Coal Creek arena near Denver.In the background can be seen a new, unpainted, announcers booth. This places that shot shortly after July of 1990, CGRA rebuilt the booth after it had burned earlier that season.
Most of the film is silent, but there are several sections with an announcer so I am leaving the audio as is. The film includes several shots of Greg Olson including a successful bronc ride.
Some notes from Roger Bergman, who was a judge at this rodeo
- Fst Bronc Rider is Hal Baker from CGRA and later Wyoming (CSRA)
- I think it is Keith Thompson shown after a ride running with bull rope in his hand, but I am not sure
- Then we see Hal Baker in pink dress adjusting his wig, with teammates Jonnie Van Orman (white frame sunglasses) and Rick Gilbert (I think)
- Then Ron Neff running pattern at Coal Creek arena near Denver, Colorado (see notes above) (Ron Neff is the step brother of Chuck Browning)
- Joe Olney announcing the 1st IGRA Finals held at Rowell Ranch in Hayward, CA.
- Jim Cunningham is the Judge with the black hat
- I was a Judge with Jim Cunningham and Casey Jackson
- Hal Baker, Rick Gilbert, & Jonnie Van Orman in Wild Drag again
- Greg Olson, Donna Bell, & Dan Iversen are the team in polka dot shirts
- Lee Kittleson is the Breakaway roper
- Jonnie Van Orman is the Bull Rider in turquoise shirt